Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We are composed of a symphony of notes






Don't stop your crying on my account
A frightening lion, no doubt

He's not safe, no he's not safe
Are you tempted now to run away?

The King above all Kings is coming down
But He won't say the words you wish that he would
he don't do the deeds you know that He could
He won't think the thoughts you think He should
But He is good,
He is good

I know you're thirsty,
the water is free
But I should warn you,
it costs everything


He's not fair, no He's not fair
When He fixes what's beyond repair

And graces everyone that don't deserve


No one knows Him whom eyes never seen
I don't know Him
but He knows me

Lay down your layers, shed off your skin
But without His incision,
you can't enter in

He cuts deep
when the risk is great and the talk is cheap
But never leaves a wounded one behind



I will show you love like you’ve never loved before
I will go the distance and back for more if you just say the word

You will come alive again and call the trying times your friend
The pain that you have suffered through will never get the best of you
You will hope in something real that won’t depend on how you feel
When you call my name then I will answer

I am on your side though the wind and waves beat against your faith
You were on my mind when the world was made
Trust in me my child

Walk out on the water where you have no control
So scared to death of failure you sacrifice your soul,
please let that go


You have climbed an uphill road
You have worn a heavy load
You have cried through endless nights
and nearly given up the fight
Watched your dreams like falling stars
the heartaches made you who you are
Now looking back you see that I have always been there

Where you gonna hide? Where you gonna hide from Me?
Where you gonna go? Where you gonna go that I can’t see?
I have heard you cry and it breaks my heart for I love you so
I would never lie, this is not the end
there is still a hope



You can't go backwards, you must go forward
You have not been what you could be

When you are the only one that enslaves you
Then you're the only one that can set you free
Don't run away, question the answers
Live you life like it's on fire


You can't have mountains without the valleys
You can't go high if you won't go deep

You can't do over what you've done already Expecting something new to see


All that I've found through the ups and downs
Is that I'd have it no other way

Life in the raw is both fragile and strong
It's both lovely and ugly the same

Who can attest that when they're at
their best
their worst is still crouching close behind???
It's coming to peace with the darkness in me
That allows the true light to shine inside

So let it go, for we are still far from home
Though you try and try to escape

To live and to love will always be dangerous But it's better than playing it safe

We are composed of a symphony of notes
Every life is as music to His ears

I'll play my melody be it haunting, be it sweet

Unashamed of what anyone might hear


So when the load breaks your back and your will
You must still keep your heart in the game

To live and to love will always be dangerous
But would you want it any other way?



If you know me, then you know that when it comes to music-- I'm all about the lyrics.

I stumbled upon a new artist recently and her words have simply been speaking to my soul.
So i'm posting these words. In no specific order.
Simply beautiful language of the universe.

1 comment:

emily said...

i'm obsessed with her now :)

thanks for introducing me

--em