Sunday, August 10, 2008

just read the words



Tonight at the end of light
Tonight, I feel lonely
I thought I heard my heart stop beating
I long for you to hold me

I guess I feel like Eden
The twilight tried it’s best
Tonight I feel good and evil
Against my chest

Would I love you less or better
If I didn’t miss your face?
Read your words like a love letter
Would I have known your grace?

I guess I feel like Eden


Aware of all I am


Tonight I feel good and evil


Against my skin

We’re all homesick
Is love the reason?

My hunger led me to your hope
Until the end of this colder season
Keep us warm

Cause we are always Eden
The day after she fell
We feel good and evil
And choose which one to tell


When all we have is music
You’re a little more like me
We’ve come too far to lose it
This state of imagery

When nothings real and nothings wrong

That’s my favorite part to see
We dance around and we sing our songs

There’s nothing like the wings of an angel

When all the stars are glowing
Wide awake but deep in a dream
Unconscious of any motion

Save for the movement in me

And I know that this will always be
our perfect in-between
so maybe somehow we can help them see

There’s nothing like the wings of an angel

Entranced in sweet obsession
such a complete expression of myself

cause I know where I am planted
deep in a love transcending everything
When all we have is music
You’re a little more like me

I guess I need to choose
But today I am confused and losing ground
Is this part of some plan?
The rise and fall of man?
I can’t be sure

When I’m away from my source of peace
Something fills that space in me

And it feels like I don’t need you

It’s easy to get by
When I don’t even try to find the truth

Today I learned that faith
Is not to be obtained like a place I can go

It’s more of a choice than a feeling
More of a wound than healing

The act of believing in you

But maybe this is where I grow
When I admit that I don’t know



I like to say my college
Is living in this town

Some days what seems hardest
Is simply sticking around

With so much to see
Places that I’ve yet to be

And I like to say my colleague
Is the mother at the store
The man who serves me coffee
And john who lives next door

We all study life
Learning how to make things right


We wanna change the world
We wanna make you proud


But lately I’ve come to learn
That it might start here and now

Cause sometimes I look too hard at the big things
When the best thing I can do is love you

Josue tells me stories about his home down south
His mother can’t cross the border
But he’s trying to get her out
He names a price

And turns so I won’t see him cry

People make me hungry
But people keep me sane

Josue taught me more than a professor could explain
About working hard
And using what I have to do my part

But how do I get to love?
I’ll start unselfishly

Can I hold out my hands?
Do they even belong to me?
How do I get to love?


I guess it starts inside of me



-alli rogers
good words.
they do things to me.
good words to share.

No comments: