Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Jinja Vaca #1

I got to go to Jinja this past weekend. Someone had once described it to me as the "austin" of Uganda. I would definitely agree based on the places we went. I got one photo of this cool austin-like coffee shop we went to below. Above is the beautiful Nile River behind me. Don't I look cropped in? Jamesdon, Coryn, Radny (a friend of theirs), Emily, and I picked up Jake along the way and took a SWEET van along the countryside. It was exactly what I have been hoping for! Good friends, good food, cheap, BEAUTIFUL sights!
(more pics to come in the next post)
This was the place we stayed, below. And the beatiful view we had every morning, night, and dinner time! Emily and I stayed in this really nice tent, with beds and everything we needed, overlooking the Nile, where we could hear the rapids all night! Beautiful!



This was the amazing chipati we had right next door. Nutella and banana. Or egg, avocado and other great stuff!


Good eats!





This is Jamesdon and Coryn. They are the american couple that has taken such good care of me while in Gaba. I don't know what I would have done with out them this whole time. Seriously.

Yes, we got to feed monkeys!! They were great and came and got bananas out of our hands!




3 comments:

shannon said...

i made nutella sandwich cookies the other day. one day, you shall have to try them!

imalooney said...

how awesome! i'm so glad you got to take this trip. and thanks for the idea - i will have to photoshop myself into one of those nile pics...

emily said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW SO COOL!!! you totally look cropped in that first picture!

you got to see the nile!! thats awesomem :)