Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why did I go to Uganda, you ask?





Here is the list I kept while I was in Uganda and I would discover another purpose of why I was there. . . .

--to depend on the Lord physically, emotionally, mentally

--to see Him through their eyes

--to learn about ARM and tell others about it

--to assist and encourage teacher Eve & Francis

--to gain direction for my future

--to gain wisdom from Francis about parenting, ministry, Africa, orphans

--to share some of God through my eyes with them

--to see ways in which I want to raise my own children

--to learn some practical skills like taking care of babies

--to give love and attention and care to babies who need it as well as the children

--to help get Raymond to university

--to communicate the Father’s love to the Alma house simply by BEING here and given them

attention

--to teach me how to become a person who savors and appreciates fully everything I do & I have

--to take Africa off its pedestal and make it real

--to be humbled and learn about my self

--to help sponsor the Alma house

Ultimately, to form relationships with some incredible children and be their "Auntie."

1 comment:

imalooney said...

--to take awesome pictures that remind all who take gaze upon them of the wonder and incredible beauty of simply being alive. thanks.
(you took all these?!) (that was not doubt, that was just wanting to make certain...)