Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Real Food


I highly recommend this book to anyone who is ever so slightly interested in food, health, or the present day food industry, etc.

If you want to be more connected to food--this is a great tool.

Its not one of those that you walk away thinking, "Uhg why did I read that, now I will have images of all this gross stuff from the food industry."

Its really easy to read.

Its crammed with back-up information and evidence to support her ideas.

Its extremely insightful, and rather revolutionary for some.

Its inspirational.

I feel like I understand food so much more. I understand what is good and bad for my body. (and its not what you think, so get prepared)

I feel closer to how God intended the world to work in relation to our bodies and the earth and nutrition.

I am in awe of how God created the world and designed it for us to live in, find joy in, and see Him in everything.

Food is live-giving! Food is a gift! We were meant to be connected to our food--to grow it, to understand it, to love it, to be nourished by it, to share it, to have our fair share of it, and to eat it as God created it!

Baby steps, my friend, that's what its all about! (and the hokie pokie)

And speaking of which. . . .our garden is growing!!!!




No comments: