Monday, August 31, 2009

Goodbye!

I leave today! 4:00pm!

Some cool things:

1. I found out a girl from Nashville, in the same stage of life as me, with a very similar heart will be at Bethany Village for at least October and Novemeber, possibly longer! What a blessing.
2. I get a free hotel room in Dubai for my long lay-over!
3. I found out I will actaully be living in one of the children's houses right when I get there, which is exactly what I wanted!

For anyone new to the blog. . .

My hopes for the trip are rather simple:
--To support and empower the native workers and leaders at these different ministries
--To follow the calling the Lord has given me and be blown away by his faithfulness
--To learn how to interact with and love orphans and people of another culture
--To be pushed out of my comfort zone and to learn new skills that can be used to serve others
--To know my Father more deeply by experiencing him through the culture and eyes of Ugandans (Oh if we could all experience the Lord through the lenses of all the different cultures of the world....perhaps that is what heaven will be like?!)

I am going over with no other expectations but these! I am ready to be flexible. To learn much. To grow much. To not know whats going on until it happens!

Thank you all for your support. Thank you for your prayers. I feel loved. I feel blessed. I feel empowered to go! I feel sent. I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be.

Please do pray for my anxiety. I've been totally fine, but I just noticed that the past 2-3 days my body has been ALL knotted and tensed up and I just made the connection that it could possibly be because I'm leaving the country and everyone I love for 6 months, or possibly becasue I've been trying to get a bajillion things done--and I just wasn't aware that my body could do be reacting like that all on its own. =)

I should arrive in Uganda Thursday afternoon. Uganda is 8 hours ahead of Texas time. I will write as soon as I can!

2 comments:

emily said...

praying for you....

i love you :)

ps: can you change the color background on your blog for your friend emily? she has bad eyes and can't read orange on orange...

Unknown said...

yaaaay for nashville girl!! answer to prayers!!