Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Do you have a rubber?. . . or an ass?



(this doesnt have anything to do with the post. I just had to share it! doesn't t look fake??? This was at 7 am as i was standing on the dock, about to take a boat ride to Gaba. Isn't it just breath taking???)

Oh how humorous words can be when you are across the world. . . .


One day in the office, Uncle Francis said,

“Do you have a rubber?”


I stopped.

And stared at him.

Think quick Juliette.

He is not asking you for what you think he’s asking you for.

You’ve heard about how the British call something “a rubber”—but what is it???


Well you do not have anything rubber with you so just say no.

I shook my head, ‘no,’ rather slowly.


“Oh ok, I just thought we might want erase some of these things.”


AN ERASER

DUH!


Phew. . .i hope he could not read the awkwardness on my face. =)


Another day, in the kindergarten room, I noticed a poster on the wall.

It was titled, “Sentences with ‘a’ sound”

And one sentence written read like this,


“A fat man has an ass.”


And yes, I am immature enough to give a little snicker.


My mind is just not used to seeing sentences like that in Kindergarten classrooms.

1 comment:

imalooney said...

ahahaha, I can see the face you were making now! And of course, love the sunrise...absolutely incredible.