Friday, October 30, 2009

Want to help?

(if you haven't already, i strongly recommend reading the post titled "A Beacon of Hope" which is just previous to this one, either before or after reading this post.)

I have some visions.

First off, as I’ve mentioned in an earlier blog, I’ve been praying every single day for the Lord to provide ceilings, a water tank, and a safer kitchen for the Alma house, in which I reside.

Somewhere along the way, I began to add to my prayer, “Lord if you want to use me and the people in my life to be the answer to these prayers, will you show me how?”

After praying for a while, I think I am supposed to be part of the answer, and I have a feeling that some of you are too.

Many of you have asked how you can help, “what can I do?”
“I want to send money there, how can I do it?”

Well I’ve found some ways.

Check out the different options and let me know if you’re interested.

Option 1.You can help by bringing equality and an easier life to 12 orphans and a caring mother—who I now consider part of my family—The Alma house.

Water Tank--$1300
Safer Kitchen—$550
Ceilings—$2000

** I believe I am going to have extra money that I raised for my trip, so I will be giving that money directly to the Alma house for these specific needs. But that will only cover maybe ¼ of these current needs. SOOO feel free to join me in this! I plan on continuing to save my own money and raise funds from anyone interested until these things are installed in their house.


Also, it costs $900 a month for each home to “operate.” The Alma House’s sponsor is only giving $600 a month right now, like most of the other house’s sponsors are also doing. The global economic crisis leads to people giving less money which means less for those who already have less. Anyways, I am praying about giving a monthly contribution to the house in addition to those three extra needs listed above. That may come at a later date for me though. Right now they are not getting as much food as they normally would or a variety. They are just getting the basic necessities right now.
I have personally experience the frustration of not having water to boil, bath with, wash things with, cook with, etc. because this house doesn’t have a water tank. They can get water in other ways but its not as easy nor as sanitary as the other houses that have tanks.
The kitchen they use right now is a little shack. They make a fire with firewood, and cook on that. So you can imagine the smoke in this place. I can not stay in there for more than 5 minutes. They pretty much live in there. The “safer kitchen” means they will have a chimney and they will not use firewood.
And the ceiling will provide more privacy, a much quieter house, insulation, and all those other things we take for granted with ceilings.


Option 2.Donate to Bethany Village to help support one of the other homes that has similar needs as the Alma house, or the random needs that come up for the village as a whole, like clothes shortages, food shortages, a new home which will be needed soon, staff housing, etc.

Option 3. You can sponsor one of the children I described in the previous blog post (titled “A Beacon of Hope”) for only $30 a month. I know many of you are already doing something like that, so that’s great—move along! (Unless you want another one or something)
But for those of you that are not, and feel a desire to legitimately give a child a completely different future than what he/she has at this moment, please consider this.

I’m not using fluffy words. I’m not exaggerating. I’m not choosing every word carefully so that it truly represents things the best way I see it.

THIS IS NOT AN INFOMERCIAL ABOUT THE STARVING CHILDREN IN AFRICA.

This is about me, Juliette, being here in Uganda, working intimately with people who are truly giving children a future and working intimately with those actual real children.

This is about you wondering how you can be a part of it.

This is about you wondering how you can share the IMMENSE blessings you have in your life.

I only share this for 2 reasons.

1.When I was telling my mom about the GREAT work this ministry is doing and the real, live impact I am witnessing, she said that I need to tell people about this because its hard to know who you can actually trust when you hear about the places that you can “send your money and change lives.” This was a good point she made. So if you trust me, you can trust this.

2.The other reason I share it is because you have no idea how overwhelming it is to live life with these people and every day hear about another need that the children need or Bethany Village needs or ARMs needs. And then I hear that it would really only cost a hundred dollars or a few hundred dollars or even a thousand dollars to alleviate the need. And then, I know how small of an amount of money that really is. Yet it is SO huge here. And then to know about all the money I have access to personally and through all my friends and family. . . .its overwhelming!

So I am compelled to share!

If you want to help with the Alma house, please email me.
If you want to help with the TONS of needs of Bethany Village in general, please email me.
If you want to know more about ARMs and sponsor a child you can email me or go directly to

africarenewalministries.com

and do it yourself!

Don’t feel guilty or overwhelmed or burdened by any of this. I just share it for those of you who said you are interested in helping.

No comments: