Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lots of pictures this time!

I've been colonized by the British. . . just like Uganda. . . .this is my ritual 3 times a day.
Morning, noon, and evening. Tea and lots of sugar! Good thing I got off of coffee. . . only to get addicted to tea. . . great!


This picture cracks me up! Look how my little bandana is flying up in the wind. All the pictures i have of myself are takin me the children. . . so ya know, they are just SO good. Ha. I am teaching them how to use all this crazy technology. Anyways, this is Sharif and Joshua. We were just walking around taking pictures one day.

This is me in one of the gardens. I was doing a "report" so i went to each home, took pictures, took notes. Haha Don't I look so Missionary Professional? This picture cracks me up.







This is a picture one of the kids took of the "compound."Our house is on the right. The bathrooms are straight ahead. That dish washing area is right in the middle. This is my home!





This is how my food is cooked....sometimes. Well this is how all of their food is cooked. In a big pot, on fire, in a tiny little wooden shack--filled with smoke!




SO i walk into the office one day and this is what i see!!!!






Where am i !!???






Hah, don't worry, i let him know how badly he was mistaken. . . .now i just have to find him an A&M jacket. This is Uncle Francis by the way.






The children washing clothes. They have to wash their uniforms for school EVERY DAY, almost. Its crazy. They are always washing. By hand. Intense.







2 comments:

Crissa Nelson said...

oh my dear, dear Africa friend! I am so happy to see that you are having a life changing experience. We knew it would be! I am thinking of you all the time. You are so beautiful with those children. I can feel Jesus smiling!

sending my love from across the continent!

Crissa

Anonymous said...

I love how awesome your back feels when you finish washing your clothes. It's a miracle anyone on that continent is able to stand up straight still.

Glad you could post pictures.

If you are having trouble posting pictures, you may want to try and reduce the file size. They are probably really big files... they don't need to be for viewing on the internet. Let me know if you want help in doing that.